While on my last practicum I wrote a significant
incident related to rough and tumble play with a group of children in an early childhood setting. The
topic uncovered many differing perspectives among the teachers and raised the issue whether or not this type of play
was acceptable in an early childhood environment. This got me very
intrigued into why such extremes existed. During this 'rough play' I was incredibly impressed
at how the children used this play to extend their learning and explore aspects
of their daily lives with such care and order and in a sense they showed great maturity. This got me thinking are we disadvantaging our children by not allowing them the
chance to experiment and utilise this type of play in early childhood? Therefore I have chosen the topic of ‘rough play’ in early childhood
education to research further, to see how this topic relates to theory, philosophies, how a teachers role impacts
this play, and the differing world views it holds in early childhood
education.
No comments:
Post a Comment